|This is how we purge|
- I am a cheerful person who simply likes to live a life that is as bright as the morning sunshine and not as dull as the gray sky during stormy days. I appreciate simple things in life--smiles and simple joys make my day warm. I am always in a journey of finding out who I am. I am constantly trying to know what I really want to do for me to appreciate life at its best.
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Sunday, October 16, 2011
These days I find it very convenient to browse free movies through the internet--you can either download it or watch it online. I watched 'The Ward' through movie2k.com. By the way, movie2k.com has a wide library of movies and the best thing about this site is that it's free.
Anyway, it's somehow weird that if I am going to list down all the movies I watched then and now, I guess I could say that I am so indulged with stomach churning and unearthly kind of thing type of movies. Having said this, I think I already have gotten used to eerie and ghastly stuff as far as my choice of movies is concerned.
What sort of movies do I watch? Well, I do like sweet, romantic, 'love story' movies. Besides, love makes the world go round and love stories are the kind of movie themes that you and I can relate to. Don't miss out the 'drama' too. Stories of heartaches and failures are part of anyone's life. A bit of tears won't hurt us while watching movies like this--I had a share of moments where tears of mine were helplessly dripping down my cheeks. You could say that I got heavily engrossed into the dramatic scenes. 'Action-packed' and adventure movies are great genre as well--guns, grenades, fist-fighting, and police chases are always part of every action movies and the typical hero-villain thing in movies. And of course, the kind of movies which I am engrossed to watching are those that send chills into the spine...wahahaha (witch's laugh)
Not for the faint hearted! If you can't stand being scared or if you're the type who'd faint at the sight of blood, then I recommend you not to watch the type of movies I included below that shows the movies I've seen the past 12 months. I am in no way encouraging you to sit and watch these movies, just suggesting. But, if you have similar interests like mine in movies with this kind of genre.
Eerie and Ghastly Warning! not suitable for you if you have weak stomach--gory films can churn your stomach inside out. Anyway, I am still going to share these movies, if you want to watch. I also included the not-so good ones which I've watched but I am not going to name it. By the way, I'll just include the most recent movies I watched for the past 12 months because I already couldn't recall all of it.
Thursday, October 13, 2011
|photo credits herdaily.com|
I don't know if I am going to laugh or get pretty scared with this news spreading over the internet and local television. I first read the article when I browsed through www.huffingtonpost.com. You could say that I was blown away by the title of the article, "Mind-Blowing Sex? Amnesia Could Be Caused By Sex, New Report Suggests"
Of course, it sounds alarming and who would want to fall into a situation where you couldn't recall anything after enjoying a mind-blowing sex? So, I might as well make myself informed by reading the article.
In the September issue of The Journal of Emergency Medicine, it reported that a woman in her 50s suffered from a so-called transient global amnesia after an exciting and titillating sexual experience with her husband. Indeed, a mind-blowing sex can literally mean blowing your memories off your mind--nobody wants that, right?
Don't fret just yet. In case this happens to you, researchers say it's just temporary and you'll soon regain you memory and it doesn't cause brain damage either as far as recent studies are concerned.
To go further into the details of what transient global amnesia is all about, let me cite the explanation given to the term transient global amnesia as written in The Journal of Emergency Medicine. It says that "transient global amnesia is characterized by the sudden development of dense anterograde amnesia, without alteration in level of consciousness and in the absence of focal neurologic deficits or seizure activity."
"Case Report: We report the case of a 54-year-old woman who presented to the ED with an episode of acute memory loss. Conclusions: Although rare, transient global amnesia may present in a dramatic fashion. The occurrence of a distinct precipitating event and repetitive questioning seem to be key features in making the diagnosis. Important differential considerations include transient ischemic attack, seizure, and subarachnoid hemorrhage. Brain imaging and specialty consultation are reserved primarily for patients with unclear circumstances, altered level of consciousness, focal neurologic findings, and persistent (or very brief) amnestic symptoms. Brain imaging may, however, relieve anxiety about more dangerous causes of the event." (The Journal of Emergency Medicine)
If sex may be the possible culprit for transient global amnesia, does it change your perspective about having a mind-blowing sex with your partner? Anyway, experts say that it's a rare condition which only affects a few percentage of people each year. It's also not yet conclusive that having sex directly leads to temporary memory loss. Researches continue to study this case to further find evidence about the possible causes of transient global amnesia.
Meanwhile, just enjoy having a good time and a mind-blowing sex.
1. I have a curly hair (hahaha...I already warned you that some facts about me could be very obvious) I remember that I used to have a straight hair...ahm, ah no! I think wavy. I just can't figure it out how I turned to be a curly-headed lady. It's a blessing in disguise I think--others adore my hair. Just kidding!
2. I'm jolly as a clown I really do think so and others too (am I right dear friends?) Anyway, I just hate being sad and constantly mumbling about life's miseries. But, I didn't say I don't experience those kinds of animosities in life, everyone does. I just hate being sad and worried all the time. It just ruins the essence of seeing life at a brighter side. So, as the song goes, "...smile though your heart is breaking."
3. I spend countless hours in front of my laptop I stay at home most of the time...I mean, all the time. What else can I do? I hate some of the shows being aired on television so I might as well turn off the TV and turn on my laptop. Besides, I have a good justification for this now--I am working online. See! Well, I know I don't entirely go online and focus on my work. Geeee! so what if I browse once in a while and have a chit chat with friends?!
4. I have registered accounts in Gmail, Yahoo, MSN, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Linkedin,StumbleUpon, Skype, MySpace, Bebo, Blogger, Wordpress...blah blah blah...at least I already deleted myFriendster and hi5 accounts...hmm, did i miss anything? I am just trying to explore you know! Here's a tip: I have a sticky pad on my desktop which I list down some of my username and passwords in some of the site I mentioned, in case I forget and which I do once in a while--pardon my amnesia.
5. I always wear something on my hair I can't go out without a headband, a clip, or a payneta on my hair. I just feel so naked without any hair accessories stuck on my hair. I guess I just really got used to it ever since. And by the way, I sometimes sleep with my headband on and with pigtails tied on one side--it's just a good way of waking up in the morning with a tidy hair and not the usual all messed-up hairdo after a whole sleeping hours tossing and turning on your bed.
6. I love my cup of coffee I can skip water after a meal but I can't do without my precious cup of coffee in the morning, in the afternoon, and in the evening. I must be so in love and addicted to the taste of coffee. If ever I happen to skip drinking coffee in the morning I usually get headaches. I don't know if it's just my brain's reaction. Perhaps, it's telling me, "Hey, you forgot to drink your coffee, how could you?" or "Geee! how could you be so forgetful...here's one heck of a headache to remind you that you haven't sipped coffee this morning."
7. I'm a super fan of 'Pancit' or rice noodles be it sotanghon, bihon, miki, canton or whatever, I simply like the so-called long life dish. I should thank the Chinese people because rice noodle cuisines originated from them. Here's a trivia for you. Did you know that "the oldest noodles yet discovered were found in Qinghai, China"? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_noodles)
8. I like driving motorcycle super fast I learned how to drive motorcycle when I was around 12 years old. The first motorcycle which I used in practicing was similar to a bicycle wherein you have to use the foot pedal to start its engine and let it start rolling. I usually speed up along the highway. I love the air, the thrill, and the speed--the smell of freedom.
9. I go to extremes at certain times Sometimes it just happens when I tend to be so timid or super hyper, extremely lazy or a freaking workaholic. I can stay up late working countless hours or turn into couch potato seemingly helpless and just do nothing at all the entire day.
10. I admire women with a nice pair of bumper Guys, do you think that you are the only ones who appreciate a lady's bosom? Well, women like me also admire other girls with a healthy pair boobies--we do tend to compare whose smaller or bigger, right ladies? I really do like staring at healthy and 'meaty' bumpers...LOL--please excuse my description. Hey, don't get me wrong, okay? I am definitely straight!
So, there you have it folks. These are my top 10 facts and I hope that you were able to get to know a little bit of me. Geee! I wonder if this got you bored.
Friday, September 23, 2011
Earlier today, I asked a friend to answer this question, "If you could go back in time and relive one day of your life, which would you choose?" Honestly, I was just expecting a shallow answer--just another blatant response from a sinister who thrives well in sarcasm.
Now, I am again reminded that good answers and brilliant ideas do not only come from people wearing eyeglasses with thick books on either hands. He answered by saying that he would rather not relive his past because he'd prefer not to feel and experience pain all over again. He said that in reality if you go back in time, you will hurt so much twice because you will see dead loved ones in the past and you will know when they will go away.
So, If you could go back in time and relive one day of your life, which would you choose?
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Going online has become part of my daily routine. As soon as my son leaves home for school and my hubby for work early in the morning, I immediately switch on my laptop and connect to the internet. If you'd ask me, what's the first thing I do when I am online? Well, browsing through my Facebook takes the no. 1 spot and followed by checking emails, logging in to Skype, read some articles online, YouTube, blog, write articles, browse, browse, and just browse.
I usually leave my laptop on the whole day, and the only time when it's totally off is when I am asleep. However, there are instances when I sometimes fail to to shut it down because I fall asleep unconsciously.
How am I going to react if there's no internet? A day without internet would probably cause me to scratch my head in dismay. If it's going to be longer than 3 days, I'd probably get so upset.
So, how about you? What one thing can't you seem to scratch off your to-do list?
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
I am quite sure that cakes would surely be the choice of every man's palate. Cakes are the most frequently served desert during special occasions--birthdays, weddings, christening, graduation, valentine's, thanksgiving, Christmas or just even during ordinary days.
Don't you just love to take a bite on that soft and moist, delectable cake? I would definitely take a big bite. Pies also taste good, but I am not a big fan of it. Here in the Philippines, the most common pies that people often buy or bake are egg pies, pineapple pies, and "buko" (coconut meat) pies.
In the U.S., I guess the most common home made pie is the apple pie. I haven't tried apple pie yet, so I really do not have any idea how it tastes like. Perhaps, it tastes like apple...huh?! Just kidding! Of course, obviously it tastes like apple lest it wouldn't be called an apple pie if it tastes like mango or pineapple.
Like pies, cakes also come in different variety. The most popular of all is the chocolate cake with a chocolate filling that makes one go woot with its sinful taste.