About Me

My photo
I am a cheerful person who simply likes to live a life that is as bright as the morning sunshine and not as dull as the gray sky during stormy days. I appreciate simple things in life--smiles and simple joys make my day warm. I am always in a journey of finding out who I am. I am constantly trying to know what I really want to do for me to appreciate life at its best.

Friday, September 23, 2011

If you could go back in time and relive one day of your life, what would you choose?


I am not quite sure why this question seems so difficult to answer. Probably, it's because of the countless memories and events in my life that make it hard to pinpoint one particular day to relive if I'd go back in time. In this journey called life, I live and seek happiness and contentment, however, it does not always end that way--disappointment, mistakes, and anxieties are also part of my journey. Do I wish to relive one particular day in my past? one particular day that I regret and relive to make it right? And if I do, will it change the course of my life in the future? Will I be the same "me" again in the future if I try to relive and alter one day of my life in the past? I do not know for sure.

Earlier today, I asked a friend to answer this question, "If you could go back in time and relive one day of your life, which would you choose?" Honestly, I was just expecting a shallow answer--just another blatant response from a sinister who thrives well in sarcasm.

Now, I am again reminded that good answers and brilliant ideas do not only come from people wearing eyeglasses with thick books on either hands. He answered by saying that he would rather not relive his past  because he'd prefer not to feel and experience pain all over again. He said that in reality if you go back in time, you will hurt so much twice because you will see dead loved ones in the past and you will know when they will go away.

So, If you could go back in time and relive one day of your life, which would you choose?

1 comment:

  1. He gave an excellent answer... That is perhaps why I was less inclined to tackle that question too. Like you said, there are so many memories to choose from. Which do we leave and which do we choose? It becomes a very difficult task.
    Listen, I would like to subscribe by email to your blog as I get it faster... I don't see an email subscription option...
    Thanks again for visiting my WordPress blog. I also have a Blogger blog and have used it to join you on Google friends.
    Cheers,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete